Re: newbie soundcard problem - still going!

ok, so i am drawing closer to a solution! i have run 'modprobe opl3sa2' and
receive the error message "device or resource busy. Hint: this error can be
caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ
parameters." how do i change these parameters? when i try 'insmod opl3sa2' i
get a string of 'unresolved symbol' messages - 'unload_mpu401_r5febf2' and
so on. does this have anything to do with it?

also, about recompiling the kernel - what exactly does this mean? is this
equivalent to an OS re-installation? (i'm a mac man by tradition, so humor
the analogy please..) was the original installation where my problems began?

thanks again for all the help,
nick

--
+++http://f-matic.net++