Re: Basic linux network questions (long)

Russell Coker writes:

> ACPI is still quite experimental, and I recommend not using it unless you
> want to help in testing or development.  So if you want to just use a laptop
> to get things done (as the original question was about) then APM is really
> the only option.

Sure, but some laptops these days don't even hardware support for
APM. HP XE3s are good examples (don't report battery status, don't
suspend, etc). ACPI really is the way to go.

--
Romain FRANCOISE <romain@orebokech.com>
it's a miracle! -- http://www.orebokech.com/