Re: PCMCIA Modem

> Hi.  I'm looking for a decent PCMCIA modem for my laptop.  I tried a
> 3Com modem, but apparently it's a winmodem, so it gets sent back to the
> store.  Any suggestions?
>
> - Sky.

Linksys makes a good one...  Tuxtops sold 'em like hotcakes 'cuz on of their
systems came with a hopeless winmodem, and another came with the ok-but-no-
prize Lucent winmodem.

Their modem/ether combo cards run a little hot but still handle long hauls.
Unless you happen to be suffering a 120-in-the-shade heat wave, anyway.

* Heather Stern * star@ many places...