Re: your mail

El jue, 07-03-2002 a las 08:51, Francesco P. Lovergine escribió:
> Did anyone install a Compaq Presario 2700?
> I'm going to buy one of that monsters and I'd like to install sid on it.
> Any problem with video/sound/etc? Any first hand suggestion?

Two weeks ago I bought a Compaq Presario 1711LA.  I know that
is not the same model, but normally they share the sames
chipsets.  I don't have the notebook here, but the folowing
is I remember:

lspci (kernel-2.4.18), show unknown model in almost all.

Video: ATI Radeon Mobile L6 Y.   This card is not supported
by any xfree's debian package.  Some mails says that XFree 4.2
has support for this chip, but the xfree86 doesn't say anything
specifically.  May be CVS.  However, it's work as VESA,
1024x768, 24 bits depth, without acceleration.

Sound: Intel AC'97.  Perhaps its need an ALSA patch to work.
  I don't if exists.

Network card: Intel.  Doesn't work with kernel-2.2.x at least
you must compile e100 module (there is a e100-source package).
I installed by network, but I used a pcmcia network card.
After install 2.4.18 (also 2.4.17), the network card started
to works fine with eepro100 module.

APM doesn't work.  You need to compile ACPI support on the
kernel.  I don't know how it works, because I haven't have
time to do it.

Touchpad, works fine (/dev/psaux).

--
German Poo Caaman~o