Re: For Help with lilo post-installation

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, [utf-8] H Mahi wrote:
> Somebody help me with lilo : how can I cancel lilo from the MBR and
> reinstall windows NT boot loader.
>
> I have installed NT in my first partion and Linux in the second. Now when I
> start my PC, it opens directly in the Linux.I don't have access to windows
> NT.

The other approach is to tell lilo about NT.  Add the following to your
/etc/lilo.conf file:
	prompt
	timeout=100
	# Windows NT
	other=/dev/???
		label=WinNT
replacing "???" with the designator for your NT partition (e.g., hda1).
Do "lilo -v" to kick the config changes into effect.  Next reboot you should
get the lilo prompt at which you can type the label of the OS you want (e.g.,
"Linux", "WinNT", etc.).  After 10 seconds lilo will boot the default OS.

If you want the default OS to be NT instead of Linux, change the
"default=Linux" (or whatever it is now) to "default=WinNT" in lilo.conf &
redo "lilo -v".

Jay Ford, Network Engineering Group, Information Technology Services
University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242
email: jay-ford@uiowa.edu, phone: 319-335-5555, fax: 319-335-5505