Re: Port replicators...

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 08:20:42AM -0800, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> On 20-Feb-2002 Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> > I've asked in the past and never got an answer that worked. I'm at a
> > point again where I want to get my Gateway port replicator to work with
> > my laptop. I can use everything on it but the PCMCIA slots. How do I
> > tell linux to use the two slots that are in the replicator as well as
> > those in my laptop?
> >

> as root run 'lspci'.  If you do not have it the program is in pciutils.  You
> should see the pcmcia controller in your laptop and then another controller.
> With this information should be the io address.  You should be able to pass
> this to the pcmcia programs and get it to recognize the second controller.
> Hope this helps.

It's complaining:

pcilib: Cannot open /proc/bus/pci/0b/00.0
lspci: Unable to read 64 bytes of configuration space.

I check the /proc/bus/pci directory, and there I find:

mobilemcp:~# ls -l /proc/bus/pci
total 0
dr-xr-xr-x    2 root     root            0 Feb 20 11:28 00
dr-xr-xr-x    2 root     root            0 Feb 20 11:28 01
dr-xr-xr-x    2 root     root            0 Feb 20 11:28 02
-r--r--r--    1 root     root            0 Feb 20 11:28 devices

:(

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@databasix.com>
Visit the Infobahn Offramp @ <http://welcome.to/mcpierce>