Re: First boot hangs on PCMCIA services after install

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 13:44:23 EST, "Robert Kausch" writes:
>ge.net/elf/.  I can get all the way through the install, to the reboot point,
>at which everything seems to boot okay, until it tries to load the PCMCIA serv
>ices.  Then it hangs completely.

there's a similar known problem with certain dell inspiron models,
AFAICR the default pcmcia config accesses some mem/io-regions the box
does not like. the tips given for that were to install a later version of
the pcmcia package later on & maybe twiddle with the mem/io settings.

simple workaround to get you going: boot into single user mode,
and make sure that pcmcia is not started (edit /etc/init.d/pcmcia and
insert exit 0 almost at the top or remove/rename /etc/rc2.d/S13pcmcia).

then exit single user mode, it's boot up into multiuser and you can
complete the installation normally.

regards
az

--
+ Alexander Zangerl + az@snafu.priv.at + DSA 42BD645D + (RSA 5B586291)
Kind of like my 404K fund, "wealth not found." -- shrox