Re: internet connection

Axel Minck wrote:
Hi,

I am using Debian Potato on a Thinkpad T20.

I have a PCMCIA network card and my file network.opts is correctly configured.

Yet, i can't go out of my local network and i have to type : "rout del default" and "route add default gw xxx.xx.x.x" each time i reboot the system.

Is there any file to modify in order to avoid typing these commands each time ?

Thanks for your help

Axel

Try looking at /etc/pcmcia/network.opts and enter your information for the pcmcia network card there. You can also setup schemes to handle different networking requirements by using the schemes information at pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net as an example.

The file network.opts is a flat text file so editing is pretty easy.

--
Michael Perry | "Do or do not; there is no try" Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org