Re: Synaptics touchpad?

Quoting Jesse Rhodes on Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 08:48:54AM -0500:
> I have a Dell Latitude LS with a synaptics touchpad that SiSoft Sandra
> informs me is attached to some sort of internal ps/2 port. But if i run it
> in linux with the ps/2 drivers, it just wanders all over the desktop. Help?

I have the Ls also.  I am using debian unstable with the latest X stuff,
but all I did was set up the touchpad as a ps/2 device.  When I first
setup X on this laptop, the X server could not find the mouse driver
correctly and I had the same behavior as you.  I edited the
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file and pointed the driver at /dev/psaux instead
of /dev/mouse.  Now I am using the external port for a logitech mouse so
I use a slightly different driver. I still have the original config file
if you would like to try it out.

--
Michael Perry | "Do or do not; there is no try" Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org