Need advice installing Debian on Inspiron 2500

Hi

I have read about the problems of installing Debian on Inspiron 2500 and
solved that. Now before installing I wonder about some things I
haven't found answers to on the net:

1. I see that the hard disk has a 32Mb partition called Dell Utility
   Can I safely delete this? What is it?

2. How do I make sure that suspend-to-disk will work after installing
   Linux and then Windows (unfortunately I need to use this too) on the
   machine. I will repartinate the disc in Linux.

3. Any other things one should make sure to do before starting the
   installation?

Thanks in advance for any hints

Preben Randhol
--
Preben Randhol         «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»