Re: good PCMCIA NICs?

On Tuesday 15 January 2002 3:46 am, Andy Winnenberg wrote:
> Hey folks,
> I don't know if this has come up before... sorry if it's a repost... I
> was wondering if anyone had advice on good PCMCIA NICs.  I'm setting up
> a cable modem account with a local ISP and I'm not sure what card to
> pick up...
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

I've got an SMC5040TX 10/100 fixed port (nice & sturdy - no dongle) that
works fine in my Vaio (SR21K). Installed Potato and it picked up the card
automagically :) Looks like SMC have got an updated model now, the
5041TX, in case searching on the 5040 doesn't pick up enough.

Regards, Martin
--
martin@dbg400.net  jamaro@firstlinux.net  http://www.dbg400.net        /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open        \ /