Conflict IrDA and Actiontec mini-PCI combo card modem - Inspiron 8000

Having now got a reliable IR system working in harmony with the Maestro
3 with tips from the list I have discovered that the ltmodem driver I am
using for the winmodem in the Actiontec mini-PCI combo card I have in my
laptop (Dell Inspiron 8000) is conflicting with IR.

When the modem driver is loaded it works fine but my IR is no longer
functiining and I have to reboot to reset it.

I tried unloading all IR related drivers and ltmodem drivers and
restarting IR with irattach but to no avail.

Has anyone got a way around this problem?

TIA.

--
* Simon Wong *