ESS Technology ES1978 Maestro probs

Hi
I have an "network" laptop with an ESS Technology ES1978 Maestro sound card.
I use the 2.4.17 kernel. I install the new kernel and i must did something
wrong
because modconf shows me only "pcmcia cards" ;)
Now I try to install the soundcard driver with alsaconf but there is no card
with *ES1978 ;(
lspci -v shows me that:
00:10.0 Multimedia audio controller: ESS Technology ES1978 Maestro
Audiodrive (rev 10)
        Subsystem: CLEVO/KAPOK Computer: Unknown device 3102
        I/O ports at 3100 [size=256]
        Capabilities: [c0] Power Management version 2

Have somebody an idea what to do ?

sorry for my bad english ;)