Re: Installing Woody using IBM EtherJet PCMCIA

Quoting Graham Knap on Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 11:13:29PM -0500:
> > Why not acquire a $5. Debian CD and install from it?  It will be handy
> > to have in any case.
>
> Unfortunately, that wouldn't solve my problem.
>
> - There are no CDs available yet for woody. I have a cablemodem, so I
> don't mind downloading the entire distribution once or twice to get it
> installed.
>
> - I very, very highly doubt that the cs89x0_cs driver is included in the
> Debian distribution. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I
> haven't seen it...)
>
> There is also the fact that I can't boot from CD on that machine, but I
> suppose that is rather unimportant...
>
> > When I load Debian 2.2 or 2.4 it asks about loading the drivers for
> > the PCMCIA cards and I forget if both or just the 2.4 does the
> > automagic thing and finds the right one.
>
> Yes, woody's floppy boot-up procedure does the same thing. It unpacks
> 'drivers.tgz' but the cs89x0_cs driver does not seem to be included
> there... so until I find out how to add the cs89x0_cs driver, I'm rather
> out of luck.
>
> graham

There are netinst CDs for debian woody.  These are about a 34mb download
and they rely on a fast networking connection to finish the
installation.

Would the woody netinst CDs do the job for you?  They are at:

http://www.debian.org/CD/

Just follow the link for the minimal install CD.  I have not used the
woody netinst images; but I have used markybob's netinst very
effectively.

--
Michael Perry | "Do or do not; there is no try" Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org