Re: Lilo and himem.sys

Hello again! I refer the answers Ive gotten benath. Thank you for the answers. Eric was right, that worked! Great! But I hav a problem with the io.sys: I cant access it. Perhaps Frank, or someone else, does know what the problems really is: I tried attrib -h io.sys when I was c:\. But became the message: The file is not changed (or similar). Hope the debian-users dont mind my small backtrip into Windows; but its really connected.
Greetings
Axel

> One other Problem Ive been troubeling with: When I (using linuxconf) set
> Lilo up to be in MBR, I no longer can use windows. To be exact: it starts
> up in windows, when I type "windows, as I wanted, but then Windows gives
> the error: Himem.sys is missing (or something similar). And I KNOW THAT is
> NOT the problem! (I even tried replacing it with the help of a windows CD,
> but it still gives the same message). Perhaps just some small corrections
> somewhere, but I just cant find out wich one.. Perhaps someone else do
> know?
XXX

I had this problem on my Sony Vaio... try turning the power completely
off after you shut down linux and before you boot up windows.. worked
for me :)

Eric

XXX
uh .. reminds me of something .. just a shot in the dark here. Had a similar
problem some time ago with very strange symptoms. If you are sure that your
Windows filesystem integrity is not corrupted, no files are missing and the
boot process stops unexpectedly with a charming "C:\>" - check the following..

your msdos.sys file should look similar to this:

(..)

Regards,
Frank