Re: Laptop recommendations

Mark Brown wrote:

> Don't know about the pricing (Apple's store is currently off-line) but
> iBooks are rather nice with long batter life and gorgeous screens.

Yes, I checked them up. The screen size is only 12.1", apart from that
it looks really good for the price vs the performance you get. But it
doesn't have a floppy drive. Debian installation experiences on the net
shows that they sometimes don't boot off the CD... also sound doesn't
work at this point. Apart from that it is a good machine. But somehow I
dislike Apple because they use a lot of propreitary ASICs on their
hardware and don't publish anything about them, which is bad.

--
     Ramakrishnan M                      (http://www.hackGNU.org/)
     Texas Instruments, India                   (rkrishnan@ti.com)