Re: ess maestro3

Carlos M. L., 2002-Jan-06 20:09 +0100:
> i need hell witch music board, is a maestro 3, in a DELL INSPIRON 8100
>
> tuxer

I don't really understand what you are asking, but if you asking
for "help with" setting up the maestro3, I've used both ALSA and
the kernel modules successfully.  I currently use the 2.4.16
kernel and sound modules.  I used the ALSA snddevices.in script
to set up the sound devices and the kernel settings are:

CONFIG_SOUND=y
CONFIG_SOUND_MAESTRO3=m

And then, add "maestro3" to /etc/modules

For ALSA, follow the instructions to compile and install the
drivers and utilities and then add to /etc/modules.conf the
following:

# ALSA Sound
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-card-maestro3