Re: external monitor and X

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 10:55:25AM +0100, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> we can login to an external computer and run X stuff from there,
> can we do the reverse ?
> I mean, can we open an X session on an external screen (via internet
> connction) ?

Of course, you can login to your laptop (with ssh -X, for example) and
run X applications.

Or you could run xdm on your laptop and set it up so it accepts remote
X sessions. Then fire up the X server on the remote machine with:

  X -query laptop-hostname

Erik

--
J.A.K. (Erik) Mouw, Information and Communication Theory Group, Faculty
of Information Technology and Systems, Delft University of Technology,