Re: Old Laptop as printserver

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 22:59:30 +0100
Andreas Tscharner <starfire@dplanet.ch> wrote:

> Hello World,

Re World, ;-)

> I have an old DX-4 (80486 - 100MHz) laptop. I want to use it as > printserver. The problem is: It has no CD-drive.
>
> So my idea was to use my NE2000 compatible network card on the laptop and > export (NFS) my CD drive on my desktop computer. Therefore it should be > possible to install via NFS.

I finally set it up. Instead of using NFS, I installed the system using HTTP as Hubert Chan had suggested (Thank you). The effective setup of the printserver was mostly a trial and error exercise as the documentation is not as good as I have expected...

Thank you all for helping and a happy new year!

Best regards
	Andreas
--
Andreas Tscharner                                     starfire@dplanet.ch
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." -- Rich Cook