Re: Why Linux on a Laptop?

Alec wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm wondering what everyone's motivation is for using Linux on a laptop
> instead of Cygwin + Windows. The way I see it, a laptop is basically a giant
> PDA. People usually use them for typing down stuff during classes, seminars,
> conferences, in the library, for presenting (powerpoint) material, or for
> keeping all their mail and personal archives in one place,

.. i.e. all desktop tasks that are possible in Linux too, just without
viruses,
crashes, and mortgages to pay licensing fees.

Desktop productivity and fun = Using Microsoft or other proprietary
stuff
is not a physical law like Maxwell equations.

Doing presentation with software = good
presentation is powerpoint       = ridiculous

repeat for {email, word processing, spreadsheet, etc...)

	Ciao,
		Marco Fioretti