RE: multiple eth interfaces

If you already have the correct modules loading for the cards,
Then just edit /etc/network/interfaces with a line for each card.
My /etc/network/interfaces file looks as such

# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)

# The loopback interface
# automatically added when upgrading
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback