Re: IBM A Series, Mod. 26523VG

	Hi!

> 	I'm about to order an IBM A Series, model 26523VG. My main
> 	concern is on the Ethernet adaptor that I've never heard about:
> 		Communication Daughter Card (CDC)
> 	Does anybody knows any problem related to this card?
> 	And, what about the "ATI Mobility RADEON" video card? Is it ok?

I have not seen one of the 26523 series, yet. The Thinkpads
A20m A21m A20p and A21p that I have seen or read about up to now (including
my 2628GTU) used an Intel EEpro100 ethernet card which works just fine.
The graphics on mine is ATI Rage mobility and also works without problems.
Maybe you can just call IBM technical support and ask - they make a big deal
of supporting LINUX so they might be able to answer. At the very least you
can find out what kind of ethernet card they use for that model so you can
check that specific model for LINUX friendliness...

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology         phone: (203) 785-6835