RE: Xfree downgrade

Hmm!  I'd be very surprised if it wasn't the reverse situation...In general
cards that work under 3.x will work under 4.x, but not the other way around.
As an example, I believe there are some newer Nvidia-based cards that require
4.x, and will not work under 3.x.

On 12-Nov-2001 Daniel Frencham wrote:
> I'm using Woody on my laptop, and have been trying to get X to work.
>
> I just found out that my video card isn't supported under Xfree 4.x only
> xfree 3.x.
>
> Is there anyway I can install xfree86 3.3.1 under woody ?
>
> Thanks

Arlen Carlson <arlencarlson@yahoo.com>

You two ought to be more careful--your love could drag on for years and years.

This message was sent by XFmail (Linux)

                        -o)
                        /\\
                       _\_v