[no subject]

Hello,

I searched in the Console drivers but I only found two entries which are NOT
"Support for frame buffer devices".
Both entries don't pop up when choosing them. I thought kernel 2.219 would
perhaps be to old  so I  installed 2.4.x but the result was the same. Do I
have to install a special kernel for that feature or install a Xsystem newer
then 3.3.6 or some kernel-headers? I don't know...

You can find vesa support in "Console drivers" section of menuconfig.
You have to select "Support for frame buffer devices (EXPERIMENTAL)",
and then at least "VESA VGA graphics console (NEW)" and "Advanced low level
driver options (NEW)", and if your video card is in the list the apropiate
option.

Now I've upgraded my laptop debian to kernel 2.4.x and XFree 4.

Hope this helps.

http://www.gmx.net