Re: APM unusable since 2.4.10

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Michael Robinson wrote:

>   elephant:/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.9# grep ALLOW_INTS .config
>   CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS=y
>
> Further suggestions are welcome, though, because it's a royal PITA.

What modules do you have loaded/interfaces + sound devices + sound daemons
do you have up before a suspend? Until (semi)recently, the debian apm
scripts incorrectly ignored user suspends when on AC power - you might want
to put some error logging into the apm scripts so you get a log of what
they're doing or attempting to do.

Also, is the suspend-res^H^H^Hfreeze X related? If you flip to the console
before suspending, can you still trigger a freeze? What about the amount of
time you spend there?

I have a hibernate-resume/freeze problem, which only triggers after I've
been hibernating for > x hours (I need to figure out where the boundary lies),
but it may be a similar issue to yours... (I can suspend-resume Ok though,
although I'm on 2.4.9 - I shall go to  2.4.13 or .14 or whetever's current
and try again).

--
I'm an apatheist. The question is no longer interesting,
and the answer no longer matters. - petro - a.s.r