Re: Thinkpad 600E

Quoting Jørgen Ruud on Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 04:14:23PM +0100:
> I have a problem with X under debian testing (XFree 4.x), does anyone
> have a working XF86Config file for this maschine? (Could I use
> XF86COnfig files from Xfree 3.6.x?).
>
> The exact problem is with the mouse, it freezes for about half a
> minute, works for about 10 sec, and then freezes.
>
> --
> Jørgen Ruud
> jorgenru@stud.ntnu.no
>

> --

I use a 600e or I should say used.  All I have done moving around in
different famlies of IBM ThinkPad is rerun the configuration or allow X
to regenerate the configuration file.  If you do a dpkg-reconfigure
xserver-xfree86, you will be prompted for the basic configuration
options.  Be sure you set the mouse to PS/2 and also identify the mouse
type.

I also have used the X configuration tools like "X -configure" to get a
basic configuration file, then changed things like default color depth
and resolution.

I should note that I don't use testing here whatsoever so all of this is
done on an unstable build.

--
Michael Perry | "Do or do not; there is no try" Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org