Re: testing installation - problems with PCMCIA network Card

Hi,
i now managed to let DEBIAN recognize my PCMCIA network card right (to
be accurate, i changed the module in

/target/etc/pcmcia/config

for the Asix AX88190 Fast Ethernet from axnet_cs to pcnet_cs)

Debian now still thinks i use an Asix card, but gets the right module.
Now i'm able to install the base system via FTP.
But after rebooting debian forgets about my pcmcia card. what can i do
to let debian remeber i have a pcmcia networc card (in order to install
the other softwarepackages also via ftp).

ifconfig tells me nothing about eth0 - there is just loopback.

Thanks, dominik