Re: ATI Rage Mobility-P AGP2X Hardware Acceleration

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 08:58:40PM +0200, Michael Thaler wrote:
> I have a Sony Vaio with Ati Rage Mobility. I set up X and it works
> just fine. But yesterday someone mentioned hardware acceleration for
> the ati driver. How can I get dri working for the ati driver? I
> installed tuxracer on my notebook and it was just horrible slow, I
> guess one frame per second or something. Is there a HOWTO or something
> to get dri working for the ATI Rage Mobility?

I tried to do the same thing on my Dell i5000e by using the r128 driver
(which theoretically supports dri).  Problem was that the r128 driver would
periodically crash and lock up the system.  I went back to the ati driver, and
everything is fine, but no dri.

Can't have everything (yet), I guess.

	-Michael Robinson