Strange problem with PCMCIA/ATA device

Hello.

I have a PC Card adaptor for Sony Memsticks, and I wish to make it work
under Linux.

When inserting the card, the modules (in particular ide_cs) seem to load
correctly, but the drive return strange errors :

   hdc: drive_cmd: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
   hdc: drive_cmd: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }

and the drive refuses to be mounted, etc...

I've seen in the archives a message which related same problems with
CompactFlash adaptor, but the answers given didn't help me.

Can someone explain me what happen, please ? (and even how to fix my
problem)

P.S. : I run Debian Potato 2.2r3, kernel 2.2.19 and pcmcia-cs 3.1.28

--
Jean-Marc Notin