Netgear FA511 setup

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 4000 (with the built-in Wireless ethernet)
and slapped Debian unstable on it right away. ;-) Pretty much everything is
working nicely, but I just got a Netgear FA511 card for those cases when I
don't have wireless reception, and I can't seem to get it to work properly.

The card comes with linux drivers on CD-ROM for Redhat (versions 6.0 - 7.0) and
eventually build a tulip.o driver and add a few lines to /etc/pcmcia/config.
However, running unstable, it appears that CardBus is now handled through the
hotplug system, which seems to be taking priority over the standard PCMCIA
stuff. All of Netgear's documentation refers to an out-of-date pcmcia-modules
package.

Running 2.4.9, I've added the following lines to /etc/pcmcia/config:

card "NETGEAR FA511 CardBus Mobile Adapter"
  manfid 0x022d, 0x511A
  bind "xircom_tulip_cb"

Note that this is different from the instructions in that I'm using
"xircom_tulip_cb" instead of "tulip", but I assume that is simply due to a
change in the name in the kernel. When I insert the card, I get a low beep and
the following lines in /var/log/messages:

Aug 24 21:04:44 purgatory kernel: cs: cb_free(bus 6)
Aug 24 21:04:46 purgatory kernel: cs: cb_alloc(bus 6): vendor 0x1317, device 0x1985
Aug 24 21:04:46 purgatory kernel: PCI: Enabling device 06:00.0 (0000 -> 0003)
Aug 24 21:04:46 purgatory /etc/hotplug/pci.agent: ... no drivers for PCI slot

Has anyone gotten this card to work with Debian? Thanks!

 Paul Paradise                                           Tel: 858-756-9122
 http://www.paulparadise.com                             Fax: 858-756-9121
 debian@paulparadise.com