tpctl and kernel 2.4.7

I have a new Thinkpad A21m. I'm running testing on it, with very few
glitches. After upgrading the kernek to a customized 2.4.7, I decided
to get tpctl working last night. The tpctl packages in tsting are
really old (0.8 something or other, the same ones as stable), while
the unstable ones are very recent (2.5.4). I installed and compiled
tpctl-sources just fine. When using modconf to get the modules
installed I get everything working except for the main driver,
thinkpad.o that refuses to load. Therefore, I can't get the tpctl
utilities to work.

I saw that the dependencies of the unstable tpctl packages are met by
an up-to-date testing box like mine, so I'll probably try to install
those instead. Does anybody have any experience in tpctl and 2,4
kernels using testing? The tpctl page talks about some dependencies of
versions with kernel versions, but there's nothing in the Debian
packages. (How to properly do kernel dependencies is a tough one, I'm
sure.)

Thanks,

--
Ignasi.