"SuperSoundProbe"?

As usual, a silly question. Sound isn't working on this laptop of mine.
I installed the present "stable", not being interested in wiz-bang and
headaches at the moment...

Is there such a thing as a "probe" for sound cards? The SuperProbe for
video has worked very well indeed.

Just a thought.

--
The Road goes ever on and one, down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone and I must follow, if I can,