Re: thinkpad A21p display restore problem when opening top in X11

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 05:39:56PM -0400, Peter Amstutz wrote:
> I just recently bought a Thinkpad A21p and it's a wonderful machine.  I'm
> running Debian unstable (Cid, I belive) and so far I have encountered only
> one major problem: when I close the top for just a minute and then reopen
> it, the display is almost always messed up.
>
> This does _not_ happen when I suspend the machine.  It only occurs when I
> close the top for maybe a few minutes: the bios shuts off the backlight
> (as it should).  When I come back and open the top, most of the time
> either one of two things happens:

<rest of mail snipped>

I had a similar (?) problem on my Inspiron 3700: After resuming the
screen went blank (probably not the same problem as yours, I admit).

I found that adding
    Option "NoPM"
in the "ServerFlags" section of XF86Config-4 sorted that out.

There is a few more options in there that may (not) have a bearing on
your problem - man XF86Config and look for serverflags

Hope this helps
--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com