Re: thinkpad A21p display restore problem when opening top in X11

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Peter Amstutz wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Vivek wrote:
>
> > 1) Are you using an fb console? [the r128 fb console might not work - if so
> > try the vesa one]
> > 2) Does using the fb console work around this?
>
> I did try the r128 console when I first recompiled the kernel, but since
> it didn't work (it rather seriously borks the display on boot...) I
> disabled it entirely.  I'll give the vesa fb a shot, though.

(tried vesafb)  It seems to work!  Both switching to the console and
restoring the display seems to be all right so far.  Hopefully this will
fix it.

By the way, has anyone tried the DRI 3D support on the ATI Mobility M3
(the video chipset the TP A21p has) in X4?  What is involved in setting
this up in debian?

           ------- http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~tetron -------