ATI Mobility M4

I just bought an Inspiron 8000.  I cannot get X going.  None of the drivers work for it.  Everyone says the Rage128 is the one, but apparently is not, unless I'm doing something wrong.  I have tried to upgrade to XFree86 4.1.0.  This didn't solve it.  I reinstalled Debian with Woody, this did not solve it, neither did 4.1.0 with Woody.

I'm seeing a lot of posts about the Dell I8000, apparently others have got it going, also it is apparent that in RedHat this video card comes right up.  I'm at my wits end trying to get X.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give,

Jeremy Vaught

http://www.mail2web.com/ .