Re: Trouble with X 4.0.3 on IBM T22 (kernel 2.4.5)

On Thursday 16 August 2001 08:12 pm, Thomas Fini Hansen wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 09:24:53AM +1000, Martin Schwenke wrote:
> > Other hacks required on my T22 (for now :-) include:
> >
> > * Unloading the eepro100 module on suspend, since it won't come back
> >   since about kernel version 2.4.6.
> >
> > * Turning esd off and unloading the cs46xx module before suspend, to
> >   try and increase reliability.
> >
> > I can post the hacks I use for these if anyone is interested.
>
> I'll bite. I can't quite get the network up after suspend on my
> A20m. It used to work half the time, then I fiddled with it, now I
> pretty much never works. Tried fiddling again as I'm tired of doing a
> /etc/init.d/networking restart.
>
> But I got the the driver compiled in the kernel.

No problems with the eepro100, or the cs46xx in the a21p.  These all can't be
that much different (right?).  Do you have any info from syslog?  What are
your kernel flags?

I had problems with APM in 2.4.6, but moving to a newer kernel fixed all of
my problems (the recovery from sleep hardlocked the machine).

Anyway, good luck,
Matt Reynolds