Re: plain text rather than HTML (Was: Re: possible to restore damaged Lilo in MBR)

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 05:28:45PM +0200, Phil wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 03:56:30PM +0100, Rolf Heckemann wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 10:32:23AM -0400, Benjamin Zhou wrote:
> > <P>thanks a lot</P>
> >
> > First of all: I don't know how others on this list feel about this,
> > but you would certainly make my life easier if you posted your
> > messages in plain text rather than HTML.
>
>   I agree !
> Isn't it a base on mailing lists ?

It definitely used to be.  But since nowadays many commercial email
clients send HTML messages by default, I thought the rules might have
changed or softened.  Not that they should have, of course -
especially since users of just these mailers are vulnerable to
malicious script code that can be embedded in emails.

All the best

Rolf

--
Rolf Heckemann
Linux on the Desktop: alive and kicking, if you ask me