Re: Crash on suspend

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Rolf Heckemann wrote:

> That's a lot of interesting information, especially about swsusp,
> which I wasn't aware of.
>
> If you suspend to RAM, energy use probably depends on the amount you
> have.  Do you think that extending your RAM shortens suspend time?

Seems like a reasonable assumption to me, although I don't know if the
memory power drain is the single major factor in suspend lifetime.
I've also noticed my laptop waking itself up from time to time, whirring for
a few seconds, then going back to sleep, but I'm not sure why. My flatmate
says it's possesed and refuses to turn his back on it... :)

--
By doing just a little every day, you can gradually let the task
completely overwhelm you.