Re: Crash on suspend

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 10:13:35PM +0100, Alexander Clouter wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Rolf Heckemann wrote:
> >
> > I wonder: am I missing a step in between setting up the partition with
> > lphdisk and invoking suspend?  Or will it not work at all with an
> > "oversize" disk because of BIOS constraints?
> >
> > - No-name laptop, very similar to ASUS 9000 series
> > - Phoenix BIOS V6 R4
> > - Pentium III 600 Speedstep
> > - 192 MB RAM
> > - /dev/hda4 with type 0xa0, 222 MB, cyls 305 to 331 (2432 total)
> > - Kernel 2.4.5 with apm as a module (kernel hasn't changed from when it
> > 	worked with the old disk)
> >
> > Thanks for any hint
> >
> this is more than likely to be a problem with the BIOS.  Are you using
> anything like LBA (I think this is more DOS/Windoze fix though), is the
> hibernate partition the correct size (however I think lphdisk will tell
> you, have you tried using the DOS phdisk instead?).
>
> those are my first thoughts......
>
> if that doesn't help try seeing if there are similar reports in the
> newsgroups/web about windoze users problems with a similar setup.

I think you're right about the BIOS.  Maybe I can get an update for
it.  I haven't used the DOS phdisk - I don't think I got one with this
laptop unless it's on the recovery CD.  lphdisk claims to be better,
anyway.

Thanks for your input

Rolf

--
Rolf Heckemann
Mozilla 0.9.3: Never been so happy surfing the web with Linux