Re: Help with mobile phones

> Hi,
>
> I am about to buy a mobile phone and so far I've been able to narrow
> down my choice to two models: Siemens C35i and Nokia 7110. Both of
them
> have an internal modem and an infrared device. Is there anyone out
there
> with some experience on the use of these models with a laptop with an
> infrared port under linux (in my case I have an Inspiron 7000 running
> Debian 2.2)?

I have a Nokia 7110 and I have found that http://gnokii.org/index.shtml
has support for my phone througth IR. Never tried jet.

> A related but more general question: Is there any site dedicated to
> mobile phones and Linux?

Don't know but the infos I gave you were found on
http://www.google.com/linux.

> Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,

Regards
Stefano
--
Stefano Canepa <sc@linux.it>
To follow the path: look at the master, follow the master, walk