Re: Getting a usb mouse to work in xwindows

On Friday, 3. August 2001 20:32, John Marr wrote:
> I am hoping someone can help me:
>
> I have a usb MS intellimouse on my laptop. When I boot into debian, the usb
> mouse driver loads, but the mouse does not respond to moving the usb mouse.
> Is there a special section that i need to add to my xf86config-4 file to
> get the usb mouse to work?

I'm doing this in my XF86Config for a "normal" usb mouse:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier       "USB Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

After that you've to add the USB mouse to the ServerLayout as shown below

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Default Layout"
        Screen          "Default Screen"
        InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"