Re: Irda Problem

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 11:57:07AM +0100, Richard Ibbotson wrote:

> I'll have a look at this.  Other than that I don't know what to do
> next.  All of this hardware works fine with Irda on an SuSE 7.2 plug
> in hard disk so it must be the Debian software that isn't configured
> properly

Hi Richard,

I finally got infrared working on my system, after trying to get it
working for ages.  I had a problem getting the FIR controller to
work with my machine.  So maybe I can help you while I'm still clued up
a bit.  Can you send the output of a 'lsmod | grep ir' command when
you've got the irda stuff running?  For reference, it would be
useful to send the output of the same command while running your
SuSE installation.  Also, can you send output from 'ls -l /dev/ir*'?
That should give me a better idea of what is going on.

Chris