Re: Silicon Motion extremely slow

On Sat, 28 Jul 2001, Gernot A. Weber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> yes I compiled agpgart into the kernel. dmesg says, that it has been
> loaded and shows about 149megs of aperture size, but after that there is a
> message, that my card is not supported?!?

May we see the messages?  Also, You will need to compile and load a card
specific kernel module - I have an ATI Radeon in my desktop box, and
although there is a radeon.o from my kernel, I actually have to remove that
one and load radeon.o from my copy of XFree [a dri-cvs version] to get 3D
acceleration - [this may be fixed in more recent kernels than 2.4.3, I'll
have to check]

The options for these kernel modules should be listed just after the agpgart
options in your xconfig/menuconfig display.

--
Vivek