Silicon Motion extremely slow

Hi,

currently I'm using Sid on my laptop. Today I downloaded the xfree 4.1.0
packages from X Strike Forces, because yesterday I tried to install xine
with xfree 4.0.3 and the picture was too slow. But there was no
improvement after the update.

I also noticed that e.g. tuxracer or other 3d apps are very slow, but I
don't think its my notebook, which is equipped with a PIII-600 and 192
megs of ram.

I'm loading all necessary modules, like extmods, glx, dri and so on. Is
there anything else, perhaps in the kernel, that brings an improvement,
that I might have forgotten?

Thanks

    Gernot

--
Gernot A. Weber
http://www.tux-web.de

Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it.

                              Linus Torvalds, after a hard drive crash