RE: Anybody have an IBM Thinkpad 701c ?

Hello,

I acquired a 701c "butterfly" a few months ago and installed debian on it.
 It's pretty much a basic installation - no fancy manipulations necessary.
 If you have the floppy drive and a net conection (modem or ethernet card)
you should be fine.

I installed the base system using the floppies, and got everything else
w/ apt via my ethernet connection to my school's network (high speed conecctions
are a blessing...).  I'm using 2.2.19pre-21 I think, but I haven't bothered
with a 2.4.x kernel, since it's only a 486 processor.

I got X to work on it (windowmaker or blackbox - anything else is too much
for it) w/ no problem, and there are about 3-4 pages online that have a
bunch of info about linux/BSD on the 701c - just do a quick search on www.google.com

Sincerely,
Jawahar Panchal