Re: Re: mounting a multiple cd-rom archive over nfs

>    Why don't you do a network installation?  Get the 6
disk
>    images from the debian site (rescue, root, drivers1-4)
and
>    this will configure your network interface.  Assuming
you have
>    internet access, you can then install the base system
and any
>    packages of the internet.

Thanks,
I have a 3 CD binary set of Debian 2.2R0(yes, I know potato
is on the verge of 2.2R4), which I have copied the Rescue,
Root, Driver-1,2,3 from.  I can successfully boot the
laptop, load the nfs module, pcmcia support, and the
ethernet driver module for my card.  This works, and I able
to mount the install CD in my desktop via nfs, and install
the base system.  The trouble I am having is after I reboot
the base system on the laptop.  When asked where I want to
install packages from, I could say harddisk, and then mount
the desktop's cdrom, but that only gives me one CD. If I
say cdrom, it asks for a valid block device. I would rather
not install from the internet since I have all of the
packages I need on CD.  Is there a way to tell the apt I
have three different sources, all mounted on the same mount
point?