RE: RE: Sound on the IBM ThinkPad 600

On 19 July 2001 17:49 Bernard Reißberg wrote:
>I have only my Debian Potato on my Thinkpad. Windows was disposed by me on
the >same day I got my machine. ;-)
>The soundchip is a Crystal CS4237 (I think so). I will try one more time to
get >it working. Just visited a few sites of linux-laptop.org.
>If somebody of you have an hint for me, just let me know, please.

Just a hint, I struggled with sound on a TP560e for a while only to find
it was disabled in the 'bios'. I had to use the dos program PS2.exe to
enable it. It also showed the irq,io etc. quite handy. Search around for
the ps2.exe program if you haven't got it.