Re: Partition table install problems.... HELP!?!

michaelb@buyingbrain.com wrote:

> I tried re-partitioning with DOS's FDISK, reformatted,
> everything... still get "Invalid Partition Table". I
> am now at a loss... all of the documentation says
> that both the DOS and Debian partitions (all three
> are primary, including the swap) must be flagged
> "bootable". I know this from experience as well.. DOS
> won't boot unless the partition is bootable.  So, what
> in the hell can I do? Debian is hosed, Win 95 is hosed,
> and 16 hours worth of work is down the drain...
>
> If ANYONE has an answer, as well as a solution, PLEASE
> let me know! I need something ASAP...

How are you running DOS' FDISK if it won't boot?  If
from a DOS floppy, then I would reccommend you make
a Debian rescue disk on a working system, boot from
that, and after getting past configuring the keyboard,
select the subshell option and run fdisk or cfdisk
from there.

Also, did you try the undocumented -MBR option of DOS
FDISK to restore the Master Boot Record?

Good luck--maybe someone else has some ideas...