How to get libgnome 1.2.x for development?

Hi,

I'm on stable and trying to compile a program that requires the
following:
libgnome 1.2.x, gtk+ 1.2.7 and libxml 1.8.x and gnome-print 0.25.

I installed the libgnome-dev (which installs libgtk1.2-dev) and
libxml-dev which gives me the following:
libgnome 1.0.56, gtk+ 1.2.7 and libxml 1.8.x and gnome-print 0.10.

I think the gnome-print comes with libgnome. Anyway, I was wondering how
I can get the 1.2 libgnome. It looks like it is libgnome32 in testing
but I couldn't find any installable packages.

Could I put a deb src for testing and then get the source to compile and
then install?

What package?

Will installing the new libs conflict or mess up the current libs?

I really don't want to mess up a perfectly good system because I don't
know what I am doing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Eric