Re: Xircom and Potatoe

On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 07:21:14PM -0300, Edson Akio Maruyama wrote:
> At 16:38 14/05/01 +0100, you wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >Hopefully someone can put me out of my misery with this card

 FYI, common usage of the expression "put something out of its misery" means
to end the misery by ending the things life!  E.g. shoot a horse with a
broken leg, or throw out a half-working computer.  I don't think that's what
you had in mind, but the packet of death will be arriving shortly ;-)

> ifconfig eth0 111.222.333.444 up netmask 255.255.255.0
>
> route add default gw 111.222.333.1 dev eth0

 333 and 444 don't fit in an 8 bit integer, so they are impossible.  The
private nets like 10.0.0.0 are good for examples, since people using them
instead of the actual numbers won't break the internet :)

 Today's lesson has been brought to you by Mr. Pedant. :)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y